/// Corporate History

1920
GIZEH was founded in Cologne as „Zigarettenpapier-Verarbeitungs-Gesellschaft“

1953
A new start in Bergneustadt

1958
For the first time GIZEH produces packaging:
Paraffin-wax coated paper packaging for milk products

Since 1964
GIZEH pioneered the supply of thermoformed and injection-moulded plastic packaging to the dairy industry

1978
GIZEH established its own toolmaker (Wemabag)

1998
GIZEH Group separates
Company´s focus on food plastic packaging after MBO

1998
The new plant in Poznan (Poland) is put into production

2003
Establishment of independent GIZEH PET GmbH

2004
Establishment of the new factory in Elsterwerda (Brandenburg)

2005
Take-over of Coembal company, Angers, France

2009
Set up of a  new PET production plant on the Elsterwerda site (Brandenburg)